Since the time I posted my April earnings, I have had several people express concern that disclosing my Adsense income was against the Adsense terms of service. I wanted to make sure that I was in compliance, so I did a little investigative reporting, which is a fancy way of saying that I read a bunch of really boring documents. :)

I found a paragraph in the Google AdSenseTM Online Standard Terms and Conditions that shows that I’m ok. (If you want to see for yourself follow the link):

Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google’s prior written consent. “Google Confidential Information” includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as “Confidential” or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program. Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.

I made the sentence bold that shows that you can disclose the amount that you make from Adsense.

What You Can’t Disclose

  • Adsense Click-Through Rates Of Your Site(s)
  • Amount of Clicks on Adsense Ads
  • Average Commission Per Click
  • Earnings Per Thousand Impressions (eCPM)
  • An Inaccurate Representation of Gross Earnings

Since I’m not disclosing any of that information it appears that I am in compliance. I am only disclosing the gross amount which is ok.

refer to :http://courtneytuttle.com/2007/05/09/can-bloggers-disclose-adsense-earnings/